NEWSLETTER EDITOR REQUIRED (VOLUNTEER ROLE)
Wintercomfort for the Homeless are looking for a volunteer to produce quarterly newsletters for our supporters. This is an important role at the charity. The role will include identifying events and stories to feature, setting up and carrying out interviews with service users and professionals, photography, writing articles, and editing and producing the newsletters. Volunteering hours will vary according to the newsletter production lifecycle but will average one day/week.
We are looking for someone with:
• An ear for a story and good interpersonal and spoken communication skills
• Excellent writing skills and able to write for a specific audience
• Basic design, layout and photography skills
• Experience using Microsoft Publisher, Word and photo editing software (such as Photoshop)
• Flexibility over volunteering hours
• Able to make a long term commitment (minimum of one year)
• Emphathy for the issues of homelessness at a local level.
This role can be partly home-based, with some hours at our office and occasional attendance at events. There will be a handover period volunteering alongside the current volunteer.
If you wish to know more or visit us to learn more please contact Simon Pickering on 01223 518 140 or email email@example.com