Wintercomfort's Christmas Appeal 2018
We urgently need your help to help improve the lives of homeless people in Cambridge. In the last year we helped 742 individuals, welcoming an average 53 people each day and supporting 52 people back into employment, making lasting, positive changes to their lives.
Maria came to Wintercomfort for help:
“I was stranded with nowhere to go for help, I had to sleep rough and the street outreach service pointed me in the direction on Wintercomfort, I was given a project worker who supported me to get on the housing list and navigate the complicated system, thanks to Wintercomfort I now have a home”
As Cambridge’s only day centre for homeless and vulnerably housed people, we see time and time again that homelessness is not a choice people make.
Every donation made will go towards:
- £10 – pays for one day of tea, coffee, milk, sugar and juice at the Wintercomfort day centre
- £14 - pays for a cooked breakfast for a rough sleeper per week
- £20 – pays for an emergency kit for a rough sleeper(including toiletries, deodorant, razor , shaving foam, shower gel, dried food items)
- £40 – pays for laundry powder for a month, giving people the dignity of clean clothes.
- £70 - pays for work wear for a construction worker (Incl. Durable boots, Safety glasses, gloves, high vis jacket, hard hat)
- £100 – pays for a professional 1-2-1 jobs skills training session
- £250 – pays for a Construction Skills Certificate with a health & safety qualification enabling our service users to gain work in the construction industry
- £500 – pays for a supported work placement with one of our partner employers for 3 months
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION: DONATE HERE