As an independent charity, Wintercomfort must raise over £1m each year to provide our essential support services. For every £1 we raise, 94p is spent on services to improve the lives of those experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Cambridge.
Our services are shaped by the needs of the people we support and are closely monitored to ensure that we are delivering the best impact possible to change lives for the better.
With the support and scrutiny of our dedicated Board of Trustees, we work tireless to ensure that we achieve our charitable aims, and we undergo regular independent evaluation to ensure that we remain focused in all we do.
See below for a breakdown of where our funding comes from and information relating to how that money is spent.
Each year, the funds we raise support us to:
- Prepare and serve more than 12,000 hot meals each year for people sleeping rough.
- Facilitate access to more than 400 counselling sessions for people working to overcome trauma.
- Support more than 340 people experiencing homelessness to access training and employment.
- Help more than 250 people to find accommodation or sustain their tenancies.
- Support more than 150 homeless or vulnerably housed women with specialist, trauma informed services.
- Wash more than 5 tonnes of laundry, providing clean clothing for people living on the streets.